The Irish Landscape Institute is shortly to invite submissions for its awards to be conferred later this year. This is a great opportunity for Irish landscape architects to show case their work. There is a broad range of categories so plenty of scope to enter your favourite landscape project. There are plans afoot to bring the winning projects on tour around Ireland in a move to bring landscape architecture to the people. I know that the southeast branch will be involved. Application details are to be issued by the ILI soon and will be posted on my blog too.
I would love to get your comments on what you think of this initiative by the ILI. I feel that it has worked very successfully in the past in terms of showcasing the work or Irish landscape archtiects, conferring credibility and kudos to Irish landscape architects and in terms of a great social evening for members and friends.
Here's the general information in the meantime:
Irish Landscape Institute Awards 2012
We are delighted to announce that the ILI Awards will be held this winter. We will be seeking submissions in all categories from next week, 9th July 2012.
This year we are introducing a brand new award for Green Infrastructure – the first and only award of its kind in Ireland!
Full details of this category will be released shortly.
Other categories are as follows:
- Public Realm Award (streetscapes, parks, squares etc.)
- Urbanism Award (sustainable landscape planning, urban design, infrastructure and master planning)
- Commercial and Institutional Landscape Award (business parks, hospitals, university campuses, hotels)
- Private Spaces Award (private gardens, courtyards and other spaces)
- Landscape Heritage and Conservation Award
- Landscape Research Award
- Student Award for Landscape Design
- President’s Award (awarded at the discretion of the ILI President)
- Outstanding Contribution Award
Submissions deadline by 9th August 2012
Awards presentation - November 2012, date TBC